We are committed to fostering a sense of community as well as offering the highest level of musical instruction. Our mission is to provide students of all ages with the skills they need to enjoy music for a lifetime.
Bill has over 24 years of teaching experience and over 30 years of performance experience in Jazz, R & B, and Christian Rock. He has also studied with the legendary Joe Morello.
Jessica holds an MA in Music Education from UCM in Warrensburg and a Bachelor’s of Vocal Music Education from MSU in Springfield. In addition, she is a nationally certified Kodály Educator and is Level certified in World Music Drumming.
Audrey has played piano since she was eight years old, and for the last three years has been under the instruction of Dr. Jennifer Judd at East Central College. Audrey enjoys playing a wide variety of music, including classical, ragtime, jazz, and popular arrangements.
Cole has been playing bass professionally for over 6 years and has been involved in music since a young age. He was drawn into musical education through his passion for jazz music. Cole is currently studying music at East Central College under the instruction of Justin Branum.
Julianna has been playing the violin for 28 years and has taught for 12 years. She is trained in both fiddling and classical styles and loves to play both. During the holiday season, she also enjoys touring with a Trans-Siberian Orchestra tribute band. She was the concertmaster in the Missouri Baptist University Orchestra and Merawood Community Orchestra and also enjoys playing in her family's bluegrass band. She is passionate about investing in people and enjoys teaching both children and adults.
Detta is a graduate of East Central College where she obtained her Associates of Fine Arts in Music Degree. She is a life-long musician, classically trained in guitar with over 15 years of ukulele experience. She studied under Dr. Bill Hopkins and she has over 5 years of experience in teaching private lessons.
Macharr has a Bachelors degree in K-12 Music Education from Missouri State University and has been teaching piano for 10 years. She is one of the Children’s choir directors for FCC Washington and also directs the Washington Regional Passion Play.
Kaleb is an accomplished classical guitarist who has studied under Dr. Bill Hopkins. Familiar with many genres, he is also a skilled arranger, with the goal of expanding the guitar’s repertoire.
Caitlin holds an Associates Degree in Music from East Central College. She was the assistant band director for Saint Francis Borgia Middle School for 3 years. Caitlin has accompanied at schools ranging from elementary school through college throughout Missouri, and been the primary pianist for several professional theatre productions. She has been teaching for over 7 years.
Chuck Butler has been playing guitar since age 9, and playing out since age 13. He has a bachelors and masters degree in music has taught guitar for over 30 years in all styles, particularly in rock, blues alternative, metal, country etc. Chuck plays in The Washingtons, Shawneetown, numerous bands in the Kansas City area as well as in Texas and Memphis area.
Dave holds a BFA from MSU Springfield and Certificate of Education for Music K-12. Dave taught for 10 years in the public school district and 20 years as a professional guitar instructor.
- A weekly appointment is reserved for each student.
- Tuition is paid directly to the teacher in cash or check form. Tuition is paid monthly at the first lesson of the month preceding the lessons given.
- Students are allowed 1 excused absence every 3 months that you do not have to pay for. If you miss more than once in the 3 month time period, you need to pay for the remaining missed lessons. The excused absence can be used for whatever reason(sickness, ballgames, appointments, etc.)
- If you cannot attend a lesson, it is your responsibility to contact the teacher or store. Repeated cancellations or no-shows may result in termination of your lessons at the teacher’s discretion.
- Due to the volume of students, we are not able to reschedule any lessons or make-up missed lessons.
- When the instructor misses a lesson, the student’s account will be credited appropriately.
In regards to our private lesson studio, we understand that both teachers and parents will want to take extra caution to create a safe environment for lessons during the Covid-19 outbreak. That being said, we still want to maintain a sense of normalcy and allow students the outlet of music during this time. Currently we are taking the following precautions:
- Please have all students wash their hands before coming into the lessons studio.
- Teachers will have access to spray bottles with isopropyl alcohol and are encouraged to use this on door handles and on piano keys between students.
- Students and teachers that are sick are asked to NOT participate in lessons until they are fully well. If you have been sick recently, we ask that you return to lessons no less than 7 days after recovery.
- We understand that despite precautions, some parents/students may insist that they not participate in lessons in person. Should that be the case, we do allow for virtual lessons (teacher participation may vary) to take place, and students would pay for their slot as normal.